Whether you are leaving for a business convention or traveling in leisure, you are bound to stay in a hotel during one of your trips. Choosing a wrong one may lead to unpleasant experiences and wasted money. It is only sensible that you pick the right accommodation to ensure that you receive the comfort you deserve.
What To Consider When Picking A Hotel To Stay In
Learn some basic tips on what to consider when picking a hotel to stay in. Here are five tricks to help you through.
- Prices and rates. Suppose you are based in Cebu and you’ve been assigned to give an in-house training in one of your branches in Makati City. With over 60 Makati hotels to choose from, how do you know where to go to? This is where research comes in. Identify your budget and note down all the places that fall within the range of what you have in mind.
- Location. Another important consideration is location of the place. Is it far from the office? How near is it from the bustling area of the city? While you may be there for business purposes, it would be nice if you can easily go around the metro to do some shopping or maybe sight-seeing, at least anytime you feel like you want to unwind.
- Meal options. More often than not, breakfast is usually offered for free. How about lunch or dinner? While you can always order room service or dine in on one of their restaurants, do remember that it may cost you a lot. It would be wiser then to opt for hotels that are within walking distance from local eating establishments or those with an option to prepare your own meals like a room with small kitchen perhaps?
- Amenities and customer service. Do you see a need to visit a spa or massage center after long hours of work? How about a dry-cleaning service? Do they have Wi-fi access inside your suite? Identify what type of facilities you want included for the duration of your stay. Assess how quick and responsive their customer service too. You may have found the perfect accommodation but if you are not treated well, what’s the point?
- Reviews and ratings. Take time to browse the internet and read customer feedbacks. If no review has been done yet, find something else. It helps to check the star ratings as well.