Choosing the right location is critical to the success of all businesses. Where you situate the center of your products or services can make a huge impact on your overall sales and profits. After all, your aim is to get as much customers as you can. Restaurants are no exception.
What To Consider In Choosing A Location For Your Restaurant Business
Learn the factors that comprise a perfect venue for your business. Here are four (4) items to think about if you’re a restaurateur.
1. Identify the demographics of the area. Suppose the audience you’re trying to tap on is career-oriented individuals who are too busy to prepare meals on their own. You have a place in mind already – say a commercial space in Makati, perhaps near the Makati Business District. Determine everything you can about the area – what’s the age range of the workers around the office buildings? Are most of them yuppies? How big is the crowd you will provide your services to? Is the competition level high enough or is it too low? What is the income level of your future patrons? Do you think they can afford to buy and eat your food? Identifying these elements will help you decide if the site is suitable for your resto.
2. Consider its visibility and ease of access. It’s all about being seen and visited. With numerous restaurants in the Philippines, the goal then is to make yours as visible as possible. Have it positioned in a corner that is easy-to-spot and easy-to-go to. Take the land size for consideration. Can you put a big signage on the lot? How easy or difficult is it to reach especially during peak hours?
3. Weigh in the traffic. Are there many people frequenting nearby establishments? If yes, this can mean higher chance of people passing by to grab a bite or two. What about car traffic? Surely, you wouldn’t want to pick a venue where the public is required to brave congested roads just to arrive at your place, would you? Therefore, evaluate both foot and car traffics.
4. Check the parking availability of the vicinity. Do remember that your service isn’t limited to providing nutritious and delicious food alone. You have to think about the convenience of your potential customers as well – can they easily park their vehicles? If there is limited space, can they do so in a public lot next to you? Do you have a valet who can offer alternative service?
Having a clean and organized work desk is essential in being able to work productively and efficiently. Some people are unaware that their work environment has a great influence in their mindsets and their work behavior. A disorganized workplace can make you feel more stressed and frantic and will definitely affect the how you work and the kind of work that you do.
Whether you are working in an office space in the Philippines such as in Makati City, in a quaint cubicle in small rural building, or a desk in your own home, it is important to know how to keep it clean and organized. Below are some tips to help you.
- Get rid of the clutter. Busy work desks do not need to be filled with clutter. Contrary to what some people may think, it is possible to have a clutter-free work area even if you are very busy. Set a day when you will de-clutter, empty, shred, and basically just get rid of everything that you will not need or want anymore. Keep a garbage bag ready for all the stuff you will throw out.
- Give away stuff. For things that you cannot bear throwing away but needs to be removed from your work area, consider giving them away. If you have a co-worker in the next cubicle that might need your extra set of pen organizer, go ahead and be generous. Not only do you get to remove your extra stuff, someone else benefits from them too.
- Label. Labeling things is not just for the obsessive-compulsive ones. You will find out that this can actually make things more organized and will likewise make it easier for you to put away things and find them when you need them.
- Clean your computer desktop too. De-cluttering goes beyond your physical workspace. If your desk is filled with papers, pens, folders, and a bunch of other clutter, your computer desktop or workspace is probably in the same shape. This also affects your mindset when working. Put away all of those icons in your desktop by copying the files to their appropriate directories and then deleting them from the desktop.
- Straighten up daily. After you have successfully de-cluttered your work desk, make it last by remembering to straighten up daily. Do not just leave your things on your table. Instead, maintain the clean and clutter-free condition of your workspace by putting away any stuff immediately after use.